The CCAD difference
You have a career in art and design in your sights. By transferring to CCAD, you've committed to igniting your full creative potential and sending yourself into a successful career.
At CCAD, we offer you the resources and support to make a successful transition to our campus (including transfer agreements with several colleges), and we’ll work closely with you to maximize your transfer credit and apply it to your course of study here once you are admitted to CCAD.
Take a look around campus or better yet, come visit in person.
It’s our goal to transfer in art and liberal arts credits from other higher education institutions while maintaining the quality of the CCAD degree. In addition to using educational records, official transcripts, art portfolios, and other measures to determine the transfer of credits and course equivalencies, we also maintain transfer articulation agreements with educational institutions. They are:
- Columbus State Community College
- North Central State College
- Kalamazoo Valley Community College
- Sinclair Community College
Read more about transfer credit guidelines.
Before you apply
- The deadline to submit an application for Fall 2019 is August 9, 2019. Scholarships are still available, but apply soon to ensure those funds do not run out.
- If you would like to apply after the August 9 deadline, then in certain circumstances that can be permitted. Please contact the Admissions office 614.222.3261 or firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know that you’d like to apply even though the deadline has passed.
- Classes for Fall 2019 start August 26, 2019, and all paperwork and financial aid processes must be completed the week prior in order to attend.
Have a question? Contact the CCAD Admissions Office at 614.222.3261 or email@example.com.
How to apply
To apply as a first-time or transfer for the fall or spring term, please complete the Undergraduate Application form, pay the $50 application, and submit your portfolio, written essay and transcripts.
What you need to apply
The CCAD application
All applicants are required to submit:
- A completed online application with your $50 application fee, which is nonrefundable.
- A written essay. Choose one of the following prompts and write a 300-500 word essay.
- If you could have unlimited access to JUST ONE material/medium/tool (for example paint, clay, film, laptop, camera, audio recorder, fabric, laser cutter, pencil, etc.) for the rest of your life what would you choose and why? What would you make with it?
- Write a story that contains ALL of the following elements: A. Your favorite artist B. A long-distance train ride C. Something to eat
- At CCAD you’re prepared to go out and make the world a better place using your creativity. Describe how you would like to influence society or inspire people using your creativity after you graduate from CCAD.
*Successful essays are creative, completely answer the prompt, and are grammatically correct. (And, yes, typos count against you.)
- A portfolio. A portfolio is how you show your creative skills and ideas. It can include anything that you have created or made such as drawings, paintings, photos, inventions, robots, installations, films, animations, comics, sculptures, ceramics, furniture designs, things you’ve built, clothing designs, stories, scripts, poetry, etc. If it’s creative, you can include it! Not quite sure what to include? Talk to your Admissions Counselor. They are happy to help! Use your best work, show us how you think, what you’re passionate about, and what defines you as a creative individual. Eight to 15 pieces are required.
- Transcripts (official or unofficial) from every educational institution you’ve attended, even if you didn’t receive a degree. CCAD requires a 2.3 GPA or higher. Please contact us if your GPA does not meet the minimum requirement and you’d still like to apply. Have a GED certificate? We’ll take that as well. (And if you have fewer than 30 college credits we also require your high school transcripts.) If you are admitted to CCAD, you will need to submit official copies of all of your transcripts before you begin classes.
- ACT or SAT test scores.
- Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate exam results. If you have results from either exam, we encourage you to send them in case your scores qualify you for academic credit.
- A letter of recommendation. This should be from a high school teacher, college instructor, counselor, or coach — someone who knows you well and is not a family member.
CCAD exam codes:
When taking exams and sending exam results, use these CCAD codes:
- ACT: 3281
- SAT and TOEFL: 1085
All paper credentials must be sent to:
Columbus College of Art & Design
60 Cleveland Ave.
Columbus, OH 43215
Have a question? Contact us at 614.222.3261 or firstname.lastname@example.org.