The CCAD Difference
Working in art and design means working on your craft every day. And we strive every day to assemble the most creative community and meet our students’ needs. When you transfer to CCAD, you join our community and make the decision to earn more than a degree. Like all of our students, you commit to igniting your full creative potential and sending yourself into a successful career.
At CCAD, we offer you the resources and support to make a successful transition to our campus, and we’ll work closely with you to maximize your transfer credit and apply it to your course of study here.
Important Dates to Remember
Early Application Deadline: December 1, 2016
Priority Application Deadline: February 1, 2017
Before You Apply
We review completed applications on a rolling basis. You’ll be notified of your admission decision accordingly. We aim to have a response back to you shortly after your file is completed for review. Application materials cannot be returned.
Transfer students can start at CCAD either in the fall or spring semester. To ensure priority and adequate time for processing, we encourage you to apply early.
How To Apply
To apply as a first-time or transfer student for the fall or spring term, complete the following steps:
Step 1: Complete the Undergraduate Application form at discover.ccad.edu and pay the $50 application fee.
Step 2: Submit your portfolio, written essay, and transcripts at ccad.slideroom.com.
What You Need To Apply
The CCAD Application
All applicants are required to submit:
- A completed online application with your $50 application fee, which is nonrefundable.
- A written essay. Choose one of the following prompts and write a 300-500 word essay.
- If you could have unlimited access to JUST ONE material/medium/tool (for example paint, clay, film, laptop, camera, audio recorder, fabric, laser cutter, pencil, etc.) for the rest of your life what would you choose and why? What would you make with it?
- Write a story that contains ALL of the following elements: A. Your favorite artist B. A long distance train ride C. Something to eat
- At CCAD you’re prepared to go out and make the world a better place using your creativity. Describe how you would like to influence society or inspire people using your creativity after you graduate from CCAD.
*Successful essays are creative, completely answer the prompt, and are grammatically correct. (And, yes, typos count against you.)
- A portfolio. A portfolio is how you show your creative skills and ideas. It can include anything that you have created or made such as drawings, paintings, photos, inventions, robots, installations, films, animations, comics, sculptures, ceramics, furniture designs, things you’ve built, clothing designs, stories, scripts, poetry, etc. If it’s creative, you can include it! Not quite sure what to include? Talk to your Admissions Counselor. They are happy to help! Use your best work, show us how you think, what you’re passionate about, and what defines you as a creative individual. 8-15 pieces are required.
- Transcripts (official or unofficial) from every educational institution you’ve attended, even if you didn’t receive a degree. CCAD requires a 2.3 GPA or higher. Please contact us if your GPA does not meet the minimum requirement and you’d still like to apply. Have a GED certificate? We’ll take that as well. (And if you have fewer than 45 college credits we also require your high school transcripts.) If you are admitted to CCAD, you will need to submit official copies of all of your transcripts before you begin classes.
- ACT or SAT test scores.
- Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate exam results. If you have results from either exam, we encourage you to send them in case your scores qualify you for academic credit.
- A letter of recommendation. This should be from a high school teacher, college instructor, counselor, or coach – someone who knows you well and is not a family member.
CCAD Exam Codes:
When taking exams and sending exam results, use these CCAD codes:
- ACT: 3281
- SAT and TOEFL: 1085
All paper credentials must be sent to:
Columbus College of Art & Design
60 Cleveland Ave.
Columbus, OH 43215
Have a question? Contact us at 614.222.3261 or email@example.com.