Chroma: the best of CCAD 2016
Columbus College of Art & Design is hosting an exhibition called Chroma: The Best of CCAD 2016 to showcase the best student works from all 10 majors — from design to fine arts — and our Master of Fine Arts program.
The event runs from 4 to 9 p.m. on Thursday, May 12. It's free and open to the public. (Parking's free, too.)
Here's a rundown of some of the cool things we'll have going on as part of Chroma:
- 4–8 p.m. Grab a bite to eat from one of several local food trucks. Listen to music (Beyonce, please) as a DJ plays on the Quad near our 10-story ART sign.
- 4:30–8 p.m. Get inked at our temporary tattoo parlor. Pose for Instagram-worthy pictures with the Awesomatic photo booth.
- 5 p.m. Throw darts at a wall covered with paint-filled balloons. (No, really. We have darts and a wall covered with paint-filled balloons. And when the paint splatters, it'll create a mural that will stay up all summer.)
- 5–6:30 p.m. Listen to poetry and prose readings from the Red Wheelbarrow group in the Canzani Auditorium.
- 5–7:30 p.m. Drop by the most artistic happy hour in town. Look at artwork while you sip on a local craft beer from our cash bar in the Canzani Center.
- 6:30–8:45 p.m. Stop by the Canzani Auditorium and Screening Room to see a showcase of awesome videos created by students in the Cinematic Arts & Animation programs.
- 8:45–10 p.m. Hear speakers — including CCAD's President, Dr. Melanie Corn — give short presentations during Pecha Kucha, an event that features presenters showing 20 images and talking for 20 seconds per image.
For more information, click here.