In other news: 2.27.19
A Film & Video Professor takes Grand Prize at the Mountain Film Festival; a Fashion Design student (and her designs) are headed to Paris; and a Fine Arts Professor has work headed just about everywhere, from Granville to Germany. Get the skinny on what’s happening on campus, in Columbus, and points well beyond.
Fine Arts Professor Kathy McGhee has a busy spring, with works in the following exhibitions:
- Bryn Du Art Show; Bryn Du Mansion and Art Center; Granville, Ohio; March 5–24
- 37th Bradley International Print and Drawing Exhibition; Bradley University Gallery; Peoria, Illinois; March 9–April 12
- 30th National Drawing & Print Exhibition; Gormley Gallery, Notre Dame of Maryland University; Baltimore, Maryland; March 18–April 26
- Open Press Project and Collection; Cologne, Germany; opens March 15 and will then travel. CCAD students Alana Hiser (Fine Arts, 2021), Meghan McCloskey (Fine Arts, 2020), and Elaina Workley (2019) also have work in the show.
- Artlink – 39th Annual National Print Exhibition; Fort Wayne, Indiana; March 29–May 3
CCAD Associate Professor of Contemporary Crafts and Fine Arts Julie Abijanac (Fine Arts, 1992) picked up some ink from ThisWeek News and The Lantern in connection with her work on view in the Ohio Arts Council’s Riffe Gallery show Duo Trio. Read more from ThisWeek here and The Lantern here.
Marissa Holt (Fashion Design, 2020) will showcase her designs during Paris Fashion Week in fall 2020 at the InterContinental Le Grand Ballroom. Holt has previously shown her work at the San Francisco Community Fashion Week and New York Teen Fashion Week.
Illustration Assistant Professor Maria Carluccio joins with Chronicle Books Editor Ariel Richardson, Art Director Amelia Mack, and fellow writers/illustrators Betsy Snyder and Suzy Ultman on Saturday, March 23, for the Society of Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators’ Children’s Book Day, at CCAD. Read more here.
A group of 24 CCAD students traveled to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to attend the Jubilee Conference, which drew 4,000 people from around the country and which was hosted by the Coalition for Christian Outreach. India Orban (Advertising & Graphic Design, 2019) spoke at the CCO’s 2019 Presidential Dinner; Kevin Krznar (Illustration, 2019), Nolan Warren (Advertising & Graphic Design, 2021), Lane Yerrick (Advertising & Graphic Design, 2021), Grace Oller (Fine Arts, 2020), and MollyKate Cline (Fashion Design, 2020) were also in attendance. Read more here.
Former CCAD student Paul Haggard was commissioned to do an on-site mural for the opening of Tempus Labs in Chicago, which is owned by Groupon founder Eric Leftkofsky. Read more here.