- About US
- Graduate Degrees
- Undergraduate Degrees
- Special programs
- Minors & Concentrations
- CORE Studies
- Life at CCAD
Columbus College of Art & Design is undergoing a campus beautification initiative called Creative Campus. As a City of Columbus public service project, Creative Campus will provide necessary upgrades to the streets, sidewalks, and aesthetic elements in our neighborhood.
In the long term, that means slowing down traffic to ensure the safety of our campus, adding more trees, benches, and lighting. In the short term, it means construction.
For Visitors Looking for the Admissions Office:
- The Admissions Office is located at 5 Cleveland Ave. at the Design Studios on Broad Building.
Here's the latest:
Thursday, June 7, 2018:
- The sidewalks on East Gay Street between Cleveland Avenue and Washington Avenue are closed on both the north and south sides of the street.
To enter or exit Kinney Hall, please use stairs at the rear entrance. To enter or exit Schottenstein Residence Hall, use the west entrance that is accessible from the sidewalk path on the quad.
As of Monday, May 14, 2018:
- The Canzani Center will only be accessible via Cleveland Avenue and the rear entrance at the southeast corner of the building. The entrance on Gay Street will be closed.
- To cross Cleveland Avenue, please walk to East Long Street or East Broad Street. The crosswalks near the Art Sign will not be accessible.
- The sidewalks on North Ninth Street will be closed between East Long Street and East Gay Street.
On Tuesday, May 15, 2018:
- The water will be turned off in the Canzani Center and the Design Studio Apartments building from approximately 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Worth The Wait?
The construction is part of the Creative Campus project, which includes:
- preserving and adding more trees
- repairing sidewalks
- adding crosswalks where people naturally cross
- adding a median on Cleveland Avenue
- adding raised intersections at Gay and Cleveland, Gay and Ninth, and Gay and Washington
- adding benches, chill chairs, and more street lighting