- About US
- Graduate Degrees
- Undergraduate Degrees
- Special programs
- Minors & Concentrations
- CORE Studies
- Life at CCAD
Columbus College of Art & Design is undergoing a campus beautification initiative called Creative Campus. As a City of Columbus public service project, Creative Campus will provide necessary upgrades to the streets, sidewalks, and aesthetic elements in our neighborhood.
In the long term, that means adding more trees, benches, and lighting, and slowing down traffic to ensure the safety of our campus. In the short term, it means construction.
Here's the latest:
Starting on Tuesday, Feb. 6, 2018:
- The south end (nearest Broad Street) of the parking lot at Cleveland Avenue and East Broad Street will be closed to create a parklet.
Starting around Monday, Feb. 26, 2018:
- East Gay Street will be closed to all vehicle traffic (from Cleveland Avenue to Washington Street), and the south sidewalk (on the side of the Canzani Center) will be closed.
- North Ninth Street will also convert from a one-way street to a two-way street to allow access to the Canzani Center parking lot.
- If you're going to the Canzani Center, please use the entrance on Cleveland Avenue or the back entrance (southeast corner of the building).
Worth The Wait?
The construction is part of the Creative Campus project, which includes:
- preserving and adding more trees
- repairing sidewalks
- adding crosswalks where people naturally cross
- adding a median on Cleveland Avenue
- adding raised intersections at Cleveland and Gay, Cleveland and Ninth, and Cleveland and Washington
- adding benches, chill chairs, and more street lighting