Congrats! All that hard work paid off, and you made it. We're excited to celebrate your awesome accomplishment at commencement. But first, there are a few things you need to do.
Eligibility for graduation
In order to be eligible for graduation, you must:
- Complete a minimum of 120 term credit hours in required courses.
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better.
- Present an approved portfolio.
- Meet the appropriate residency requirements. (See student handbook for details).
- Complete and submit an application for graduation before the deadline for the term you intend to graduate. Seniors who fail to complete an application for graduation on time will not receive their degrees.
It’s on you.
Seniors are responsible for reviewing their completed coursework, with respect to graduation requirements, to ensure fulfillment of all degree requirements. This includes both your completed work at CCAD and any transfer credit from other institutions. It is your responsibility as a graduating senior to ensure that we receive all updated transcripts from other institutions prior to your last semester of attendance. All transcripts from other institutions must be addressed to the attention of the registrar.
Your division deans and faculty advisors are not responsible for ensuring that you have completed the required courses.
All candidates for graduation must have all delays of service cleared no later than two weeks prior to graduation. Any graduate with a delay of service will not receive service of any kind from CCAD, including the awarding of a degree or diploma, transcript service and other services requested. If you want to participate in the commencement ceremony and actually get your diploma during the ceremony, you must meet all deadlines, complete all academic requirements successfully and clear all delay-of-service holds.
If you're a graduating senior and you have questions regarding your requirement status, contact your advisor or division dean, or stop by the One-Stop Student Services Office.