Internships provide valuable opportunities to tap into the growing talent pool in Columbus. The following are CCAD’s requirements for a student to earn college credits for an internship:
- The experience must span the duration of a full semester (8 weeks for summer or 16 weeks for spring/fall).
- The commitment must include at least 240 on-site work hours completed during the semester. (This does not include virtual experiences.) This averages to about 15 hours per week for a fall or spring semester, or 30 hours per week during a summer semester.
- The work must be directly related to the student’s major area of study.
- The supervisor must be an industry professional within the student’s major area of study.
- The supervisor and student must outline and define learning objectives to complete within the internship.
- The supervisor must agree to and complete an end-of-term evaluation about the student’s experience.
If you are currently hiring interns, please share your opportunity with us on our job board in Handshake. You can post your creative opportunities with us by creating an account or if you are already on Handshake, log in here and connect with CCAD.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 614.222.4045.