How to start the CCAD Financial Aid process
Our students come from all sorts of backgrounds. Where you begin the financial aid process varies, depending on whether you’re entering college as a first-year undergraduate, a graduate applicant, a transfer student or an international student.
Financial aid for first-year undergraduate students
It’s all about the FAFSA.
If you’re entering college for the first time (whether you’re currently in high school or you’re an adult who will be coming to CCAD as a first-year student), your first step is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA determines your eligibility for federal grants, loans and work-study employment. Get your FAFSA in as early as possible and be sure to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) when completing your FAFSA to help streamline the process of reporting your income.
Let’s get started:
- First, you’ll need to create a Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID. (In most cases, both you and your parent will need IDs.) You can do that here.
- Next, go to studentaid.gov to start the online process.
- Select the colleges where your FAFSA information should be sent. The CCAD FAFSA college code is 003039.
- If you want more help before you start, check out our recorded videos or visit the U.S. Department of Education’s website which includes many tips and resources at studentaid.gov. You can also contact the CCAD Financial Aid Office at 614.222.3295 or [email protected].
What happens next:
- The Department of Education sends your FAFSA results to us. At this time, we may contact you with directions for filling out additional forms, if applicable.
- If you want more help before you start, check out our recorded videos (include links) or visit the U.S. Department of Education’s website which includes many tips and resources at studentaid.gov. You can also contact the CCAD Financial Aid Office at 614.222.3295 or [email protected].
Financial aid for graduate students
You may be eligible for federal financial aid in the form of loans or on-campus employment. Start by filling out the FAFSA online, and we’ll contact you about your eligibility for aid and what steps to take.
Financial aid for transfer students
We are happy you are considering continuing your education at CCAD. It’s important to note that the financial aid process at each school operates a little differently so our approach may not be the same as the school(s) you previously attended.
If you already have a FAFSA on file, you will want to log into that online form and add CCAD as one of your colleges using our code: 003039. If you don’t currently have a FAFSA on file, go to studentaid.gov and get that submitted. Be sure you are submitting the application for the correct academic year. Once we receive your FAFSA from the U.S. Department of Education, we’ll send you additional information and instructions.
Financial aid for international students
International students should contact your assigned admissions counselor, or email the Admissions Office at [email protected]
Need help calling us from another country? Check out our guide to international calling codes.
When awarding all forms of financial aid, the CCAD Financial Aid Financial Aid Office adheres to the policies found in this Handbook. This guide also provides additional information to help students understand the process at every step.
Have any questions about a form or about a CCAD financial aid deadline? Contact us at 614.222.3295 or [email protected].