How to start the CCAD Financial Aid process

Our students come from all sorts of backgrounds. Where you begin the financial aid process varies, depending on whether you’re entering college as a first-year undergraduate, a graduate applicant, a transfer student or an international student.

Financial aid for first-year undergraduate students

It’s all about the FAFSA.

If you’re entering college for the first time (whether you’re currently in high school or you’re an adult who will be coming to CCAD as a first-year student), your first step is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). FAFSA determines your eligibility for federal grants, loans and work-study employment. Get your FAFSA in as early as possible. (And your family should complete your income tax returns early, because FAFSA relies on this information.)

Let’s get started:

  • First, you’ll need to create a Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID. (In most cases, both you and your parent will need IDs.) You can do that here.
  • Next, go to to start the online process.
  • Select the colleges where your FAFSA information should be sent. The CCAD FAFSA college code is 003039.
  • If you want more help before you start, the U.S. Department of Education’s website includes many tips and resources at Or you can contact at a CCAD financial officer at 614.222.3295 or

What happens next:

  • The Department of Education sends your FAFSA results to us. At this time, we may contact you with directions for filling out additional forms, if applicable.
  • Once we have all of your completed paperwork, you’ll receive a CCAD Financial Aid Award packet in the mail. This packet will include information on what you’re eligible for and what to do next. At this point, you’re welcome to meet with a financial aid officer to go over your packet to make sure you understand all of your options.

Financial aid for graduate students

You may be eligible for federal financial aid in the form of loans or on-campus employment. Start by filling out the FAFSA online, and we’ll contact you about your eligibility for aid and what steps to take.


Financial aid for transfer students

Transfer students must have a current FAFSA. If you’ve already filled out the FAFSA for the year, log in to your account and add CCAD as one of your colleges. (The CCAD FAFSA college code is 003039.) If you don’t have a current FAFSA, you’ll need to complete one at Once we receive your FAFSA information from the U.S. Department of Education, we’ll send you additional information and instructions.


Financial aid for international students

International students should contact Jonathon Neeley, International Student Advisor, at 614.222.3265 or

Need help calling us from another country? Check out our guide to international calling codes.

Have any questions about a form or about a CCAD financial aid deadline? Contact us at 614.222.3295 or