CCAD is where you'll find the people who question, who see the world differently, who are passionate about art and design and are excited to learn more. These are your people. From the moment you move into one of our contemporary on-campus residence halls, you'll be part of an inclusive culture in a young city that champions creativity, progress, and diverse viewpoints. Living on campus your first year, which the majority of our students do, allows you to meet people outside of your major, be able to walk, skateboard or bike to campus events and feel safe and secure in a growing Midwestern city.
CCAD has two on-campus residence halls: Schottenstein Residence Hall and Design Square Apartments. They're both open 24 hours a day during normal college operations and are supervised by desk assistants, CCAD security officers, and a resident advisor.
On-campus CCAD housing is managed and staffed by the director of Residence Life, the residential community coordinator, and 14 resident advisors. Resident advisors ensure the safety and security of all residents in the buildings, offer educational, personal and professional assistance when appropriate and provide appropriate referrals.
Although CCAD requires all incoming (first-year and transfer) undergraduate students to live in the residence halls during their first year enrolled at CCAD, there are a few exceptions if:
- You are from Central Ohio with a zip code within 35 miles of campus and will commute from your parents’ primary residence.
- You will live with an immediate family member whose residence is in Central Ohio with a zip code within 20 miles of campus.
- You will be at least 21 years of age by the start date of the upcoming semester.
- You are a transfer student who has completed a minimum of 24 credits at another college/university.
- You are married or have been living with a domestic partner for an extended period of time.
If you're a student meeting any of the above conditions and are interested in being exempted, you will have the opportunity petition for an exemption.
If you're a returning student, you can apply to live in our Upper-Level housing or you may seek other Columbus housing options. Learn more about your residential options at CCAD.
Take a virtual tour