CCAD has two on-campus residence halls: Schottenstein Residence Hall and Design Square Apartments. They're both open 24 hours a day during normal college operations and are supervised by Desk Assistants, CCAD security officers, and Resident Advisors.
On-campus CCAD housing is led by the Director of Residence Life and Housing. One fulltime professional staff member, the Residential Community Coordinator lives on campus. 14 Resident Advisors work to build community, connect residents to resources, and ensure the safety and security of all residents in the buildings.
Although CCAD requires all incoming (first-year and transfer) undergraduate students to live in the residence halls during their first year enrolled at CCAD, there are a few exceptions if:
- You are from Central Ohio with a zip code within 35 miles of campus and will commute from your parents’ primary residence.
- You will live with an immediate family member whose residence is in Central Ohio with a zip code within 20 miles of campus.
- You will be at least 21 years of age by the start date of the upcoming semester.
- You are a transfer student who has completed a minimum of 24 credits at another college/university.
- You are married or have been living with a domestic partner for an extended period of time.
If you're a student meeting any of the above conditions and are interested in being exempted, you will have the opportunity to petition for an exemption.
If you're a returning student, you can apply to live in our Upper-Level housing or you may seek other Columbus housing options. Learn more about your residential options at CCAD.
Take a virtual tour