Fall 2023 new student move-in will take place on Sunday, August 20 and Wednesday, August 23, 2023. Residential students will be automatically assigned a move-in date when they register for an Orientation session. Housing assignments will be sent in late June and details about move-in will be sent out in early August.
New CCAD students (first-year and transfer) will be assigned to Schottenstein Residence Hall, which is our first-year hall. Room assignments will occur over summer and students will receive an email with their assignment at that time.
Both buildings are open 24 hours a day during normal college operations and are supervised by student Desk Assistants, CCAD Safety & Security, and student Resident Advisors. In addition, our professional staff consist of the Assistant Dean of Residence Life & Student Engagement and the Residential Community Coordinator, our live-on staff position.
With guidance from the professional staff, the student Resident Advisors work to build community, connect residents to resources, and to ensure the safety and security of all residents in the buildings.
CCAD requires all incoming undergraduate students (first-year and transfers) to live on campus during their first year of enrollment; however, there are specific types of circumstances for which students can apply in order to be considered for an exemption from the live-on requirement. This is done through a student's New Student Gateway and documentation may be required. These circumstances include:
- You are from central Ohio with a zip code within 35 miles of campus and will commute from your parent/guardians' primary residence.
- You will live with an immediate family member whose residence is in central Ohio with a zip code within 20 miles of campus.
- You will be at least 21 years of age by the start date of the upcoming semester.
- You are a transfer student who has completed a minimum of 24 credits at another college/university.
- You are married or have been living with a domestic partner for an extended period of time.
- You are pregnant and/or have a child(ren).
- You are an active duty member in the military.
If you're a returning/current CCAD student and are interested in applying for housing, you can apply to live in our upper-level housing or you may seek other Columbus housing options. Learn more about your residential options at CCAD.
Take a virtual tour