Adult art and design learning opportunities
It’s never too late to learn a new skill.
Creativity has no age limit. More life experience means more inspiration to pull from when you’re creating. Whether you’ve always wanted to try ceramics, are interested in oil painting, or are a professional looking for new skills to add to your resume, CCAD has a class for you. Step onto the campus of one of the top 10 design schools in the nation and learn from our talented faculty. We offer weekend art and design classes and workshops and courses for professionals.
Weekend art & design classes
Fall registration: Aug. 16–Sept. 7, 2021
Sept. 18–Nov. 20, 2021
No classes Oct. 16, 2021
All sessions are 9–11:30 a.m. Saturdays
Cost: $350Spring: Information about spring opportunities and schedules will be shared later this fall.
Professional studies programs
Whether you want to update your skills, thrive as an artist, start your own business, or shift your career path, CCAD is offering creative professional courses and workshops designed to meet your needs. Launching in fall 2021, you’ll find a variety of classes that are geared to provide support for your creative professional endeavors. Details about new workshops and courses ranging from networking to media relations to creative entrepreneurship will be added here soon.
The new normal for networking: connecting during a pandemic
Thursday, Sept. 30, 2021
Cost: $25; $20 for CCAD alumni
Registration opens: Sept. 1
Registration deadline: Monday, Sept. 27, 2021
Did you find professional networking a bit awkward even during pre-pandemic times? In this informative and interactive workshop, you’ll discover how networking has evolved with technology and remote working—as well as discover simple relationship-building practices that continue to be effective in-person or online. This session is planned for an in-person experience with masks required. Advance registration is required.
Thriving financially: skills for creatives
Tuesdays, Oct. 12–Nov. 16, 2021
7–9 p.m. Eastern
Online live virtual sessions
Cost: $350; $280 for CCAD alumni
Registration opens: Sept. 1
Registration deadline: Monday, Oct. 4, 2021
Tailored to fit your goals for thriving in your creative professional practice, this hands-on, six-week course is taught by Elaine Grogan Luttrull, CPA, AFC, a CCAD adjunct faculty member with years of experience working with creative individuals. You will learn about all things financial for your creative endeavors, from developing a pricing and budgeting strategy to building a record-keeping system to help at tax time, and so much more. This course is designed with relevant and actionable knowledge and includes an individual financial session and a follow-up check-in workshop in February 2022 to ensure that you can achieve your goals.
Crafting the perfect pitch: working with the media
Thursday, Oct. 21, 2021
Join us at 5:30 p.m. for networking, headshots, and refreshments.
Cost: $40; $32 for CCAD alumni
Registration opens: Sept. 1
Registration deadline: Monday, Oct. 18, 2021
Meet members of the media during this interactive workshop. A panel of journalists will share best practices and tips for how you can gain media coverage for yourself, your business, or your upcoming exhibitions. Following a Q&A, you’ll break out into groups to write and workshop your elevator pitch and brainstorm potential story ideas that can help you make headlines. Join us beforehand, at 5:30 p.m., to network, enjoy light refreshments, and get a new headshot at no additional charge. This session is planned for an in-person experience with masks required. Advance registration is required.
Meet the panelists:
Joel Oliphint, associate editor, Columbus Alive
Earl Hopkins, arts and culture reporter, The Columbus Dispatch
Suzanne Goldsmith, senior editor, Columbus Monthly
Tonisha Johnson, multimedia journalist, Spectrum News 1
The workshop will be moderated by CCAD’s Director of Communications Leah Spellman, APR.
Are you a veteran or a CCAD alum?
Veterans and CCAD alumni can save 10% on all CCAD Continuing & Professional Studies classes, including weekend and evening classes and professional workshops. Email email@example.com to get your promo code.
Ready for an even bigger commitment? We’ve got just the thing for you.
You don't have to be admitted to CCAD to gain exposure to experienced faculty, cutting-edge laboratories, and a future-focused curriculum. Registration for BFA courses opens to non-degree-seeking students one week before the regular undergraduate semester begins.
Courses for credit (subject to prerequisites):
- BFA courses for fall, spring, and summer
- Tuition: $1,521 per credit hour
- Registration fee: $60 per semester
- General fee: $125 per semester
- Technology fee: $250 per semester
- Students also pay lab fees attached to the course if applicable
- Financial aid is not available to non-degree-seeking students
- Registration and general and lab fees must be paid at the time of registration
Policies governing non-degree-seeking students:
- Students must be at least 18 years old.
- Online registration is not available.
- All prerequisites and permissions must be obtained before registering. This may include a review of your work by CCAD staff.
- Courses are available on a space-available basis only. You may not register for a class that is full.
- BFA degree courses will not count toward a degree until you’re accepted to CCAD through the regular admissions process. Visit ccad.edu/apply for more information.
- Non-degree-seeking students who want to take classes for credit can take up to three BFA classes for credit. After three BFA classes, non-degree-seeking students will need to enroll as traditional undergraduate students or take classes through CCAD's Continuing & Professional Studies program.
- As of fall 2020, CCAD will no longer allow non-degree-seeking students to audit classes.
To enroll as a non-degree-seeking student, contact Continuing & Professional Studies at CCAD at 614.222.3248 or firstname.lastname@example.org.