Veterans benefits

Students with veteran education benefits are charged the same fees as all other students. Please see the Tuition & Fees page for more information.

Taking care of those who take care of us.

Columbus College of Art & Design is approved to provide education to eligible veterans, widows and children of veterans and reservists. The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) determines your eligibility and equivalent educational benefits, but we can help identify benefits and get you through the application process.

To find out which benefit is best for you, please visit

For incoming students

(Attending CCAD for the first time)

First, you'll need to apply for admission to CCAD. Then, once you're accepted, you'll need to fill out an application for benefits with the VA. After your application is processed by the VA, you'll receive a Notice Of Basic Eligibility form. Please send a copy of that form to:

Office of the Registrar
Columbus College of Art & Design
60 Cleveland Ave.
Columbus, OH 43215

Current students

If you are a current student, we will send your certifications upon registration.

Transfer students

If you are transferring your VA benefits from another institution to CCAD, you must fill out VA Form 22-1995 (Request for Change of Program or Place of Training) and submit the form to:

VA Regional Office
P.O. Box 66830
St. Louis, MO 63166

Continuing & Professional Studies classes

Veterans can save 10% on all Columbus College of Art & Design Continuing & Professional classes, including weekend and evening classes and professional workshops. Email [email protected] to get your promo code.



How to apply for VA benefits

If you are using VA benefits for the first time, you can complete an application for benefits online or fill out a paper application (VA Form 22-1990) and mail it to:

VA Regional Office
P.O. Box 66830
St. Louis, MO 63166

CCAD certifies benefits for the following chapters:

  • Chapter 33 Post 911 (Yellow Ribbon for eligible students at 100% benefit rate)
  • Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill®
  • Chapter 1606 Montgomery GI Bill® Select Reserves
  • Chapter 1607 Reserve Educational Assistance program
  • Chapter 32 Veterans Education Assistance Program
  • Chapter 35 Dependents Education Assistance Program
  • Chapter 31 Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation program

Tuition assistance

If you have other questions or need additional help, please contact the VA Regional Processing center at 888.442.4551.

Veterans readmission policies:

If you're called to active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard or Reserves for more than 30 days, you can return to CCAD with the same academic status, provided you meet the following conditions:

  • When called to active duty, you must submit the proper paperwork to the registrar. A copy of the service orders or an affidavit is acceptable documentation. The college also requires that you submit a withdrawal form in writing.
  • Once the proper documentation of service order or an affidavit is submitted, you will receive 100% refund for tuition, and the courses will be dropped from your student record.
  • If you receive financial aid, you must follow the guidelines of Title IV funding.
  • If you have a CCAD scholarship, you should fill out a scholarship request form when activated so that the scholarship will be held. Once you're re-enrolled, a scholarship reinstatement form should be filled out and returned to the Director of Financial Aid.
  • You can't be absent from CCAD for more than five years.
  • Once your service is complete, you must properly notify CCAD of intention to re-enroll.
  • You cannot be discharged from the Armed Forces with a dishonorable discharge or bad conduct discharge.