You invent entire worlds and bring them to life.
In the collaborative and diverse culture of Columbus College of Art & Design's Illustration degree program, you’ll be exposed to experienced faculty, study the history of the field and experience the full spectrum of illustration today, whether it’s on paper, canvas or the digital screen. We cultivate a passion for bringing ideas, characters and personalities to life. Through our comprehensive illustration courses, you'll learn the technical, conceptual and entrepreneurial skills you'll need to succeed in fields such as editorial illustration, advertising, graphic novels, children’s books, concept art and toy design.
Illustration program facilities
You'll have access to:
- A 3D-illustration lab with small- and large-scale sculpting, molding and casting equipment
- A 2D-illustration lab with scanners, laser printers and drawing tables
- A 16-seat computer lab with Cintiq monitors and Toon Boom, ZBrush and Adobe software
- A recognized Toon Boom Centre of Excellence.
- The No 1 illustration program in the Midwest; also in the top 5% of illustration programs nationally.
Student and alumni works
Our grads have applied the skills they built at CCAD to a variety of positions and fields.
Apparel graphics designer
Character and asset designer
Designer for web and mobile
Film effects creator
Greeting card designer
Newspaper graphic artist
Product and toy designer
Video game designer
Bath & Body Works
Disney Consumer Products
Ogilvy & Mather
Turbine Entertainment Games
Wall Street Journal