About the Cloyd Family Animation Center
The Cloyd Family Animation Center is a state-of-the-art facility at Columbus College of Art & Design that equips CCAD students to change culture and commerce. The facility features a dedicated stop-motion lab, virtual reality drawing stations, and a gallery that includes rotating exhibitions of animated and illustrated work. The Cloyd Family Animation Center is located in CCAD’s Design Studios on Broad building and was made possible thanks to state funding and private donations, including a generous naming gift from CCAD Board of Trustees member Gil Cloyd. No student tuition dollars were used in this project.
Here are some highlights.
- Virtual reality drawing lab
- Analog drawing studio with a moveable stage
- Digital drawing lab with state-of-the-art touch-screen Cintiq displays
- Dedicated stop-motion classroom featuring 14 individual stations cameras and lights
- Gallery for animated and illustrated student and professional work
- Student lounge
- Flex space that will change based on student project needs
- Window into the expanded Ohio Film Group so you can learn from industry experts