Start a movement with motion.
Life is full of movement, and you’re here to capture it. In the Animation program, you’ll dive right in to cutting-edge animation techniques and learn 2D, 3D, and experimental styles, as well as game art, motion graphics, digital modeling, virtual reality, and more. You’ll have access to industry-standard facilities, expert guidance from creative faculty, and the support of peers in the Animation Student Collective. And you’ll work in a quick-paced, electric environment focused on pushing you to create your best work.
Our graduates lead their fields as story artists, character animators for feature films, effect house animators, game artists, live theater effect designers, motion designers, projection mapping artists, rapid prototyping producers, television animators, and architectural visualization producers.
Drop in on a Cafe Sketch class in the Cloyd Family Animation Center
The Cloyd Family Animation Center has the following:
- PC computer labs loaded with industry-standard software
- 24-inch Cintiq tablets so you can express yourself in 2D and 3D animation environments
- A stop-motion lab equipped with DSLRs and Dragonframe
- A student lounge; home to the Animation Student Collective
- A large, state-of-the art computer teaching lab
- A virtual reality drawing lab
- A flex space that changes based on project needsMac and PC computer labs loaded with industry-standard software
Our grads have applied the skills they built at CCAD to a variety of positions and fields.
Architectural visualization producer
Augmented reality designer
Character animator for feature films
Effects house animator
Live theatre effects designer
Projection mapping artist
Rapid prototyping producer
Nickelodeon Animation Studio
Nickelodeon Animation Studios
Proctor & Gamble
Procter & Gamble
Sony Pictures Animation
Stoopid Buddy Stoodios
Walt Disney Animation Studios