Creative Summer Workshops
Creative Summer Workshops for adults are back this summer! Enjoy 5 weeks of classes on consecutive Saturdays in subjects such as painting, digital photography, jewelry, and more! All materials, access to studio spaces, and cost of instruction are covered by the tuition fee.
Registration: Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2023 - Friday, May 26, 2023
Class dates: 9-12:00 p.m. Saturdays, June 10, 2023 - July 15, 2023.
Saturday Morning Art Classes
CCAD’s popular art classes for adults range from oil painting to ceramics and offer you the chance to discover a new passion or strengthen your skills.
Spring 2023 Registration: Nov. 7, 2022 - Jan. 13, 2023
Class dates: 9–11:30 a.m. Saturdays, Jan. 21, 2023 - April 1, 2023. The Saturday Morning Art Classes Exhibition featuring student work will be Saturday, April 1.
Note: No classes March 18.
Refunds are granted according to the following policy:
- I understand that I may request to withdraw from a course up to two weeks prior to the start of a class by emailing [email protected] for a refund of 100% minus a $25 administrative fee per course. There are no refunds thereafter. Nonattendance does not constitute a withdrawal.
- Please note that classes may be cancelled due to low enrollment. Registrants with cancelled sections will be offered an alternative class section for their young artist, or a full refund for their class registration. Our staff will contact registrants no later than five days before the start of the scheduled session.
- Saturday Morning Art Classes run concurrently with college semesters, with one 10-week session in the fall and spring of each academic year.
- Each Saturday Morning Art Class session will focus on the same subject for the duration of your registration.
- Registration for Saturday Morning Art Classes begins one month before registration closes. Registration for Saturday Morning Art Classes closes two weeks before the start of each session.
- Due to the logistics of staffing, supply ordering, and class rosters, we are unable to accept new registrants past a program’s enrollment deadline.
- Refunds are granted according to the following policy: I understand that I may request to withdraw my student(s) from a course up to two weeks prior to the start of a class by emailing [email protected] for a refund of 100% minus a $25 administrative fee per course. There are no refunds thereafter. Nonattendance does not constitute a withdrawal.
- Please note that classes may be canceled due to low enrollment. There is no administrative fee or other penalty applied to registrants who need to withdraw and receive a refund due to COVID-19 or other illness.
Alumni and Veterans both receive a 10% discount and the codes can be obtained by contacting our department directly at [email protected].
- Programs within Youth & Community Learning at CCAD are enrichment-oriented classes designed to build skills and confidence in a supportive environment. Currently we do not offer certificates of completion for any Youth & Community Learning Programs. If you would like a letter of recommendation after completing a course, please contact your instructor.
- Our classes are designed to accommodate learners of all skill levels and prior experience. If you would like increased rigor and independence while utilizing our professional studio spaces, please discuss these needs with your instructor.
- The tuition fees for all Youth & Community Learning programs are inclusive of material fees. You do not need to bring any additional materials to class, unless you have your own supplies you would prefer to work with.
- Students will often have the opportunity to take work home with them, either physically or by uploading their digital work to a USB drive or digital storage drive. For Saturday Morning Art Classes, students will take their work home with them after they visit the Saturday Morning Art Classes Exhibition.
- As a growing campus with frequent updates to our lab spaces, we often change where classes are held and where students should park. You will receive an email within two weeks of the start of your program with a campus map, pickup and dropoff instructions, and your classroom location.
Give the gift of art and design
Introducing gift cards for Youth & Community Learning at Columbus College of Art & Design! Use this link to purchase a gift card. Gift cards do not expire and can be used for any future programs, including Saturday Morning Art Classes, Creative Summer Workshops, and College Preview.
Want to learn more about future classes?