Adult Summer Workshops
Adult session 1: Saturdays, June 11, 18, and 25, 9 a.m. to noon
Digital Portfolio for Artists & Designers
Today’s artists use digital portfolios to share their work with the world. Learn to create a professional web presence using industry-standard software. Design skills such as type, graphics, and color theory will be explored while editing and preparing images for use online. Creativity and personalization are emphasized to achieve a unique representation of your artistic voice.
This foundational course offers the opportunity to learn how short-term speed drawings and sustained life drawing studies can develop your skills as an artist. Explore different artistic media and objects while gaining confidence in anatomy, expression, and gesture with life models and challenges that strengthen artists at all levels.
Explore the art of jewelry making using materials such as beads, wire, metal, and clay. This series of three workshops is designed for beginners and confident jewelry makers who wish to enhance their techniques in a fun, welcoming environment.
Adult Session 2: Saturdays, July 9, 16, and 23, 9 a.m. to noon
Investigate photographic techniques and aesthetic principles of subject, light, and composition. Students will learn fundamental techniques of photographic artmaking for still photography. *Cameras will not be provided by CCAD, please bring your own!
Foundations of Painting
Foundations of painting expands students’ understanding of color and technique through a variety of paint materials. Traditional painting techniques as well as experimentation are used to guide students toward greater confidence in their medium and in their ability to create unique, expressive works.
Explore typography, logos, commercial design, and more! Students in this class will have the opportunity to study basic graphic design techniques, software, and applications. This class will focus on graphic design tools within the Adobe Creative Suite.
Saturday Morning Art Classes
Ready for an even bigger commitment? We’ve got just the thing for you.
You don't have to be admitted to CCAD to gain exposure to experienced faculty, cutting-edge laboratories, and a future-focused curriculum. Registration for BFA courses opens to non-degree-seeking students one week before the regular undergraduate semester begins.
Courses for credit (subject to prerequisites):
- BFA courses for fall, spring, and summer
- Tuition: $1,521 per credit hour
- Registration fee: $60 per semester
- General fee: $125 per semester
- Technology fee: $250 per semester
- Students also pay lab fees attached to the course if applicable
- Financial aid is not available to non-degree-seeking students
- Registration and general and lab fees must be paid at the time of registration
Policies governing non-degree-seeking students:
- Students must be at least 18 years old.
- Online registration is not available.
- All prerequisites and permissions must be obtained before registering. This may include a review of your work by CCAD staff.
- Courses are available on a space-available basis only. You may not register for a class that is full.
- BFA degree courses will not count toward a degree until you’re accepted to CCAD through the regular admissions process. Visit ccad.edu/apply for more information.
- Non-degree-seeking students who want to take classes for credit can take up to three BFA classes for credit. After three BFA classes, non-degree-seeking students will need to enroll as traditional undergraduate students or take classes through CCAD's Continuing & Professional Studies program.
- As of fall 2020, CCAD will no longer allow non-degree-seeking students to audit classes.
To enroll as a non-degree-seeking student, contact Continuing & Professional Studies at CCAD at 614.222.3248 or [email protected].