Art tells a story: CCAD family & friends tell theirs
Out of the limitations posed by the COVID-19 pandemic have come creative solutions to finding new ways for people to build connections and share work. Among such innovations is Art Tells a Story: Let it Tell Yours, from Nicolettecinemagraphics, a Columbus-based A/V production, web services, and digital art education and consulting company; and the Columbus art consultancy Reese Brothers Productions. The live series features artist interviews from major arts groups around Columbus each Thursday through October.
Columbus College of Art & Design faculty, staff, and alumni were invited to participate in three Art Tells a Story conversations in summer 2020. If you missed them, here’s a bit of good news: You can still watch the recordings on Facebook.
CCAD and Art Tells a Story
- Comics & Narrative Practice Assistant Professor Craig (CM) Campbell and Columbus artist Hakim Callwood on July 30, 2020
- Fine Arts Professor Julie Abijanac and fellow artist Kathleen Lamberti on Aug. 6, 2020
- Assistant Director of Career Services and Adjunct Faculty Jordan Bell with Lea Gray (Fine Arts, 2004), owner of PaperBlooms Design, on Aug. 13, 2020
Other Art Tells a Story conversations featuring CCAD family members have included:
- Painters Cody F. Miller (Illustration, 1995) and Fred Fochtman on May 28, 2020
- Goodwill Art Studio and Gallery Manager Deborah Griffing in conversation with her daughter, Zoe Griffing Heller (Photography, 2017) on June 4, 2020
- Wild Goose Creative Interim Executive Director and CCAD Adjunct Faculty Lydia Simon and painter LaShae Boyd (Fine Arts, 2019) on Aug. 20, 2020
- CCAD Assistant Professor and alum Eric Homan (Media Studies Time-Based, 1998) with video artist and Co-Founder of the Columbus Moving Image Art Review Matt Swift on Sept. 10, 2020