Safety & Security
We make sure our campus is a safe and productive learning space for you.
The Safety & Security Office's prime purpose is to provide protection for all on campus. Security officers are trained to serve our campus safety and environmental health needs, and the main entrances of residence halls are monitored 24/7 and staffed in the evenings by trained security professionals.
- issue parking permits and IDs
- jump-start vehicles and help retrieve keys locked inside of vehicles
- provide access if you get locked out of your residence hall room or apartment
Annual Security & Fire Safety Report
CCAD continues to comply fully with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. CCAD’s most recent policies and statistics are available at the link below. The College’s Crime Log is available at the Safety & Security Office. You can reach the Safety & Security Office by calling 614.222.6165, emailing [email protected] or the online witness statement here.
Emergency Notification System
CCAD Alert is the college’s emergency notification system. Current students and employees are automatically registered for the system and have the ability to list contact information of family and friends to be notified about any campus emergency. Students and employees receive detailed instructions about this system at New Student Orientation and through HR Onboarding procedures.
Bursar, Registrar, and Financial Aid located in Student Central
The Bursar, Registrar, and Financial Aid offices are on the first floor, Student Central of the Loann Crane Center for Design. This is where you can schedule courses, check on financial aid, make payments, submit address changes, verify enrollment and degrees, process loan deferment and order transcripts.
Monday to Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Find more about Ampersand Emporium here.
The supply store is located on the ground floor of the Design Square Apartments (DSA). The store includes essential art supplies as well as apparel, basic household items (laundry detergent, cleaning products, etc), and bottled beverages.
Standard store hours
Monday through Friday : 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Physical Store will close for Semester break on Friday, December 17 at 3 p.m.
The last day to order from the online store and have it shipped before the holiday is Wednesday, December 15.
Work it out.
CCAD has two fitness centers on campus. The main fitness center, open to all students and employees, is located on the first floor of the Schottenstein Residence Hall. The second center is on the first floor of the Design Square Apartments and is exclusively available to its residents.
CCAD’s main dining option on campus, the Market, is located on the first floor of the Design Square Apartments building. We serve made-to-order pizzas, along with a range of freshly prepared entrees, healthy salads and gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan options.
The Market provides an all-you-can eat dining option, which you can use with your purchased meal plan or by paying the set meal price with cash or a debit or credit card.
CCAD Market hours
- Monday-Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday-Sunday: 11 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
The Market closes after dinner on Tuesday, Nov. 20, at 10 p.m. and reopens with a limited menu for dinner on Sunday, Nov. 25.
The Cafe is proudly serving locally roasted coffee from our friends at Crimson Cup. Visit us in the Crane Center and let us supply you with your daily dose of caffeine.
- Monday-Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
Crane Cafe closes Tuesday, Nov. 20, at 10 p.m. and reopens Monday, Nov. 26, at 7 a.m.
Other info you should know:
- First-year residential students are required to purchase the Gold meal plan. It will automatically be added to your student bills. Residential students at a second-year level and higher must purchase the Gold, Silver or Bronze meal plan.
- Each meal plan provides a set amount of FLEX dollars that operate on your CCAD ID like a debit card. These FLEX dollars can be used at the Market or the Cafe. When your FLEX dollars are gone, you can simply add more to your account by going to ccad.campusdish.com.
- CCAD Dining Services provides a quick and easy online system for placing catering orders. You can view menus, estimate costs and then send the order along with the event date/location to dining services staff. Check out the online ordering site here.
Hit the books.
If you're looking for books, electronic resources, magazines, journals, movies or digital images, you can find them all at the CCAD Packard Library. Need something more specific? You can find it quickly through a simple search on the statewide OhioLINK Consortium on the library's homepage. Whether you need something for class research or just a personal interest, the library and its staff are there to help you find what you need.