10 cool things to know about Chroma 2019
Thanks for helping us spread the word about Chroma.
OhioHealth presents Chroma: Best of CCAD | The 140th Annual Student Exhibition is on Wednesday, May 8, 2019. Here are some things you’ll want to know before you go!
10 facts about Chroma: Best of CCAD
1. We love playing games. If you do, too, be sure to swing by the Cloyd Family Animation Center to check out interactive games from our Animation students.
2. While we think our students produce great work, not all of what they create makes it into Chroma: Best of CCAD. CCAD faculty members judged and picked only the top work to exhibit, and the rest of us get to kick back and enjoy it.
3. Who needs Comic-Con? Our Comics & Narrative Practice and Illustration students will be selling their work, convention-style, on the second floor of Kinney Hall all evening.
4. We’re celebrating our 140th anniversary this year. And students in our Studio Art with an Emphasis in the History of Art & Visual Culture major are helping our colleagues at CAPA celebrate another anniversary—their 50th—with an exhibition in the Canzani Center Multipurpose Room.
5. This is your chance to get creative, too. You and your kids can participate in activities such as screenprinting and button-making. Plus, we’ll have a photo booth and take-away items from the Tad Jeffrey FabLab in Kinney Hall. And it’s all free.
6. For one night, Packard Library is transforming into Alumni HQ. If you’re a CCAD grad, swing by the library to reconnect with fellow alumni, catch a screening of CCAD found footage, and see highlights from our anniversary exhibition 140 Years of Creative Excellence.
7. Chroma is a feast for your eyes, ears, and, yep, your stomach, too. In addition to the student work on display throughout campus, we’ll have food trucks, bars, and CD102.5 FM broadcasting live from campus.
8. We want you to camp out here. Our Master of Design students have teamed up with Airstream to envision the campground of the future. Head over to the Design Studios on Broad to see what they’ve been working on.
9. Their work is pure poetry. Our artists and designers are outstanding writers, too. Witness it for yourself at the Red Wheelbarrow reading and launch of the latest issue of Botticelli, our literary mag.
10. CCAD students do good work that does good for others. Our Industrial Design students worked with the Furniture Bank of Central Ohio and Craftsmen for Kids to create furniture and toys for families and children in need.
Want to learn more about OhioHealth presents Chroma: Best of CCAD | The 140th Annual Student Exhibition on Wednesday, May 8? Head this way.
Suggested posts for social
- The future of art and design is at @ccadedu and on Wednesday, May 8, I’ll be seeing the best of the best during Chroma: Best of CCAD. #CCADchroma
- I’m headed to CCAD’s campus on Wednesday, May 8, for comics, fine arts, a pop-up fashion show, video game demos, and more! Chroma: Best of CCAD takes place all over campus and features work from all majors. #CCADchroma
- @ccadedu is celebrating 140 years of creative excellence this year. Chroma: Best of CCAD, on Wednesday, May 8, celebrates the excellence of CCAD’s current students in this annual juried exhibition. #CCADchroma
- The end of the school year means Chroma: Best of CCAD is back! Wednesday, May 8, join me on campus for a celebration of art, design, and more. #CCADchroma
- @ccadedu students are the next generation of artists and designers to shape culture and commerce. On Wednesday, May 8, I’m celebrating these students by going to Chroma: Best of CCAD on campus. #CCADchroma
- Comic-con? How about Chroma-con, @ccadedu’s version of the popular comics expo? I’ll be checking out student comics on Wednesday, May 8, during Chroma: Best of CCAD. #CCADchroma