CCAD at Independents’ Day
Independents’ Day is a big deal in Columbus. And it’s possible thanks to talented CCAD alumni like Adam Brouillette (CCAD Class of 2002, Fine Arts), who co-founded the annual event and Lucie Shearer (CCAD Class of 2011, Illustration) and Lisa Ragland (CCAD Class of 2001, Illustration), whose work is featured on this year’s Independents’ Day poster.
On Saturday, Sept. 17, and Sunday, Sept. 18, CCAD will be out in force — from talented alumni like Logan Schmitt (CCAD Class of 2016, Illustration), Natalia Sanchez (CCAD Class of 2015, Fine Arts), and Don McCullough (CCAD Class of 2010, Illustration) to faculty, staff, and our new president.
Here are a few of the ways to see CCAD at Independents’ Day:
- Join CCAD President Dr. Melanie Corn and play some games (giant Jenga, anyone?) at 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 17, at the corner of Town and Lucas streets (just west of Strongwater).
- Check out CCAD Fine Arts Chair Kelly Malec-Kosak and Associate Professor Julie Abijanac on Saturday afternoon as they demonstrate felting and metalsmithing techniques and talk about our new Contemporary Crafts major, which debuts in fall 2017.
- Catch a screening of the CCAD student-produced animated short film Ignite during the Local Focus block at 4:30 p.m. Saturday.
- See students draw comics, and learn more about our new Comics & Narrative Practice program (also debuting in fall 2017).
- Plus, meet a few members of the CCAD Queer Alliance who are volunteering.
Read more in our series CCAD & Columbus.
Learn more about CCAD or apply here.