It’s never too late to learn a new skill.
Creativity has no age limit. More life experience means more inspiration to pull from when you’re creating. Whether you’ve always wanted to try ceramics, are interested in oil painting, or are a professional looking for new skills to add to your resume, CCAD has a class for you. Step onto the campus of one of the top 10 design schools in the nation and learn from our talented faculty. We offer weekend art and design classes and workshops and courses for professionals.
Professional studies programs
Whether you want to update your skills, thrive as an artist, start your own business, or shift your career path, CCAD is offering creative professional courses and workshops designed to meet your needs.
CCAD at TENSPACE: Go behind the scenes in Retail Design
Date: Wednesday, June 22, 2022
Time: 6–8 p.m.
Location: TENSPACE, 930 N. High St., Columbus, Ohio 43201
Whether you’re considering a career in retail design or are looking for inspiration for your retail space, you won’t want to miss this June 22 panel discussion from Columbus College of Art & Design and the creative minds behind TENSPACE.
Columbus College of Art & Design is partnering up with TENSPACE, an immersive retail space in the Short North Arts District that creates in-real-life experiences for online brands, for a glimpse into the design process for retail. TENSPACE is recognized nationally for their unique and innovative approach to transforming digitally native brands into physical spaces. Panelists from TENSPACE will share some insights into their design process for bringing brands to life in an engaging retail environment and the creative roles that work together to make this happen.
Retail today is undergoing a dramatic shift. Increasingly, retailers are called upon to design experiences that connect with customers across many touchpoints, in real time—and in ways that delight and are profitable. The field of retail design is particularly suitable for people with backgrounds in such industries as fashion, business, design research, branding, architecture, communication, interior design, theatrical design, and hospitality who are looking to move their careers forward.
This discussion is free and open to the public—but register now, seats are limited.
Rachel Friedman-Webb, Founder and CEO of TENSPACE and TENFOLD BRAND
Faith Huddleston, Director of Creative Activation at TENFOLD and CCAD Retail Design Advisory Board member
Amanda Raines, Creative Director, Brand and Culture at TENFOLD
CCAD recently launched a one-of-a-kind Master of Professional Studies in Retail Design. Click here for more information.
CCAD Knows UX: Presenting Design Work
In case you missed our last webinar where we talked with UX professionals about effectively presenting UX design work to stakeholders, you can now watch it on CCAD's Youtube channel. In this one-hour session, we discussed building relationships and strengthening your storytelling skills for stakeholder presentations—regardless of what stage of the design process you’re in. The conversation also included how to better align with values and business goals, so that the design process can progress more seamlessly. We shared some key points like getting comfortable with having the kind of crucial conversations that result in productive feedback and support the ultimate goal: solid solutions.
Josh Christopher (Industrial Design, 2008), Design Director at USAA Life Insurance Company
Venessa Heilman, UX Director at OhioHealth
Jessi Walker, Director of Career Education at CCAD
Stay tuned for our next CCAD Knows UX webinar coming soon!
Stay tuned for more coming this spring:
Publishing Professional Series:
- Crowdfunding your book
CCAD Knows UX Design Series:
- Free lunchtime webinars
- Interactive UX Workshop: From Research to Insights
- The New Normal for Networking: Connecting During a Pandemic
- Crafting the Perfect Pitch: Working with the Media
- Thriving Financially: Skills for Creatives
- Fund Your Art: Grant Writing Bootcamp
- In Focus: Taking Standout Phone Pics
- Tax Literacy for Artists & Freelancers
Are you a veteran or a CCAD alum?
Veterans can save 10%, and CCAD alumni can save 20%, on all CCAD Continuing & Professional Studies classes, including weekend and evening classes and professional workshops. Email [email protected] to get your promo code.
Ready for an even bigger commitment? We’ve got just the thing for you.
You don't have to be admitted to CCAD to gain exposure to experienced faculty, cutting-edge laboratories, and a future-focused curriculum. Registration for BFA courses opens to non-degree-seeking students one week before the regular undergraduate semester begins.
Courses for credit (subject to prerequisites):
- BFA courses for fall, spring, and summer
- Tuition: $1,521 per credit hour
- Registration fee: $60 per semester
- General fee: $125 per semester
- Technology fee: $250 per semester
- Students also pay lab fees attached to the course if applicable
- Financial aid is not available to non-degree-seeking students
- Registration and general and lab fees must be paid at the time of registration
Policies governing non-degree-seeking students:
- Students must be at least 18 years old.
- Online registration is not available.
- All prerequisites and permissions must be obtained before registering. This may include a review of your work by CCAD staff.
- Courses are available on a space-available basis only. You may not register for a class that is full.
- BFA degree courses will not count toward a degree until you’re accepted to CCAD through the regular admissions process. Visit ccad.edu/apply for more information.
- Non-degree-seeking students who want to take classes for credit can take up to three BFA classes for credit. After three BFA classes, non-degree-seeking students will need to enroll as traditional undergraduate students or take classes through CCAD's Continuing & Professional Studies program.
- As of fall 2020, CCAD will no longer allow non-degree-seeking students to audit classes.