Business, Math & Entrepreneurship
We offer courses in mathematics, business and entrepreneurship to lay a strong foundation for their creative practice and build their future as artists and designers. Our programs and courses are developed to support creative entrepreneurship, innovation and leadership. We focus on tailoring our curriculum to the needs and context of creative business & entrepreneurship.
Department Learning Objectives
A student completing Math courses that are part of the department of Business, Math & Entrepreneurship should be able to demonstrate:
- Competence in foundational mathematical and statistical concepts.
- Application of the mathematical and statistical concepts to everyday situations as well as in art and design practices.
- Understanding of basic concepts in logic and data analysis that will serve as a foundation for advanced technology courses in visual arts.
A student completing Business & Entrepreneurship courses that are part of the department of Business, Math & Entrepreneurship should be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of organizational structures and diverse functions within the organization.
- An understanding of economic, social, technological and environmental contexts that shape businesses and organizations.
- Competence in developing a potential business idea into a business model and plan the launch of an entrepreneurial venture.
- Competence in identifying and managing financial resources for an entrepreneurial venture.
- Competence in managing core marketing, finance and operational functions of a small business.
- Understanding of laws pertaining to entrepreneurial ventures and legal rights for creative work.
- Effective project management knowledge and skills as well as lead teams through creative project implementations.
- Effective advocacy for personal, professional and creative goals through written and oral communication.